Assistant Controller- Healthcare
Glendale, CA US
Assistant Controller Position Description:
- Assist the Controller in the day to day operations of the Accounting Department.
- Responsible for helping ensure the accomplishment of departmental responsibilities in accordance with Hospital and Department Policies and Procedures with intent of meeting company and regulatory requirements.
- The Assistant Controller will assist in the oversight and review process of the Accounting and Internal Controls functions including but not limited to managing the General Ledger, payroll functions, and accounts payable functions.
- Additionally, the Assistant Controller will act as a strategic informational resource for the hospital, providing ongoing reporting and analysis.
Assistant Controller Education/Certificates/Licenses:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- Familiarity with health care environment and health systems.
- Sufficient previous experience in accounting.
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills, particularly in use of Business Objects.
- 1-3 years healthcare management experience or 3-5 years non-healthcare management experience.