Assistant Vice President/Pharmacy Strategic Sourci
Nashville, TN US
Work Location: United States-Tennessee
Assistant Vice President, Pharmacy Strategic Sourcing Job Summary – The AVP, Pharmacy Strategic Sourcing has primary responsibility for providing operational oversight for all sourcing activities related to pharmacy contract portfolio and ensuring pharmacy strategic sourcing resources are prepared, aligned and appropriately focused to achieve specifically defined corporate and departmental goals. The AVP will assist the VP, Pharmacy Services in effectively carrying out Pharmacy Services mission primarily by translating defined strategic goals into tactical objectives, and will actively create and maintain strategic alliances with key stakeholders both internally and externally to innovate and cultivate contracting opportunities for members. In addition, this individual will actively collaborate with the AVP, Clinical Pharmacy Services to develop effective synergies between the department’s clinical and contracting activities. The AVP will provide exceptional customer service to customers by establishing appropriate expectations and ensuring the Pharmacy Strategic Sourcing team produces quality deliverables in a timely fashion.
Assistant Vice President, Pharmacy Strategic Spourcing Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Serves as the primary sourcing lead for the Pharmacy Services Group and other functional areas related to developing and delivering outcomes that align favorably with the objectives assigned to the strategic sourcing functions of Pharmacy Services.
- Meet or exceed contracting goals established in annual Pharmacy Work Plan.
- Establishes relevant, quantifiable key performance indicators for the Pharmacy Strategic Sourcing team and monitor as required, making adjustments, corrections, refinements to team objectives, strategies and/or processes such that these metrics are attained and maintained within defined acceptable ranges.
- Leads and oversees efforts to define and develop the people, processes, competencies, technology and other resource requirements necessary to effectively support on an ongoing basis the team’s core functional areas of contract strategy development, negotiations, execution, and management.
- Assists the VP in effectively managing team budget expenses according to assigned annual budgetary objectives.
- Collaborates on a regular basis with the AVP, Clinical Pharmacy Services:
- Co-develop integrated sourcing objectives for the department and ensure effective communications that mutually support the teams’ objectives;
- Identify and assess new pharmaceutical agents entering the US market which may represent opportunities for contracting and clinical integration initiatives;
- Actively participate in cross-communication between the teams regarding industry updates and other pertinent developments;
- Assist in the mutual attainment of goals and objectives;
- Forms and maintain strategic alliances with key stakeholders both internally and externally to innovate and cultivate contracting opportunities and service offerings for members.
- Actively champions and leads the Pharmacy Strategic Sourcing team in change management as needed to drive adoption of those activities that support the organization’s growth, maturation and innovation of its service offerings.
- Monitors and takes the necessary actions needed to alleviate, mitigate risks and mediate/resolve member and vendor issues that may arise within the pharmacy membership.
- Develops and coaches the Pharmacy Strategic Sourcing team; conducts performance reviews on a regular basis and as needed; ensures the team’s knowledge and competencies grow to match the evolving needs of the pharmacy membership and sophistication of the pharmaceutical market.
- Education – Accredited College Bachelor’s Degree required with a Pharmacy degree preferred. A master’s degree in a business or healthcare discipline.
- Experience – Minimum of 10 years of strategic sourcing and negotiations experience in healthcare contracting for supply chain operations or within the pharmaceutical industry, as well as 5 to 7 years in a leadership role with proven experience in guiding individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering quality work.