Branch Manager-Toronto, ON-HVAC/R Controls Mfg.
Toronto, ON CA
BRANCH MANAGER - TORONTO, ON - HVAC/R CONTROLS MANUFACTURER
We have an excellent opportunity with a International HVAC/R Controls Manufacturer in search of a Branch Manager to Start-Up and Manage the New Canadian Branch. The ideal candidate would reside in the greater Toronto area and have a 5 to 7 years of HVAC/R Branch Management Experience and or a B.S. Mechanical Engineering or B.S.E.E. Electrical Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is primarily responsible for managing sales activities of the organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales program.
Works with National Sales Managers to direct channel development activity and coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales quotas and goals.
Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
Delivers sales presentations to key clients in coordination with Regional Sales Managers.
Meets with key clients, assisting Regional Sales Managers with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
Analyzes and controls expenditures of Branch to conform to budgetary requirements.
Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
Directly supervises Regional Sales Managers located within Branch Region. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; appraising performance; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations;
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Change Management - Communicates changes effectively.
- Managing People - Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Contributes to profits and revenue.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
Please forward all resumes in strict confidence to email@example.com or call 312.780.7507 to discuss this outstanding opportunity.