Charge RN - NICU
Selma, TX US
Charge RN NICU Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates, directs, assesses, modifies, and formulates an appropriate staff assignment plan.
- Serves as the primary decision maker for clinical operations during a given shift and modifies staff assignment/mix according to the changes in patient acuity and/or volume.
- Role models professional standards of behavior of the nursing practice as evidenced by the nurse practice act.
- Serves as primary resource for the unit, to other nursing personnel, physicians, and other members of the team. Ensures evidence-based care measures are followed and demonstrates effective clinical leadership skills.
- Demonstrates successful conflict resolution skills.
- Consistently demonstrates ME standards of behavior and holds staff accountable for the same.
- Supports the mission and vision of Our Healthcare System.
- Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules
- Adheres to the Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community.
- Serves as a mentor/preceptor for the unit and actively participates in unit based meetings.
- Participates in interviewing and recruiting new personnel.
- Cross trains for other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department or to permit flexible staffing assignments.
- Facilitates the promotion of teamwork.
- Assists in monitoring productivity, and identifies areas for improvement.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Charge RN NICU Job Qualification:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (required)
- Acceptable degrees from an accredited school include: Diploma Program in Nursing, an Associate Degree in Nursing, or a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Verification of high school/GED is required for those who completed Diploma Program in Nursing
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (preferred)
- RN License to practice as a professional registered nurse in the state of Texas. (required)
- Certification in area of specialty (preferred)
- Two years clinical experience in the specialty area they are applying
For more more information contact: Kara Graham 954-492-4638 email@example.com