DIRECTOR OF SURGICAL SERVICES
Tampa/St Pete, FL US
COMPETITIVE SALARY, ANNUAL BONUS, SIGN-ON/RELOCATION CONSIDERATION, COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Director of Surgical Services Department leads the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing operations. The Director of Surgical Services has 24/7 responsibility for their departments.
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow-through and communication.
- Actively participates in service, departmental, and hospital-wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
- Coaches subordinates by providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plans; and documents their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organizational, and industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence-based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
- Participate in employee and patient rounding Identifies and mentor potential future leaders
- Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical services program that assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital's mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting, and hospital policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety
- Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- Responsible for the departments operational excellence by ensuring the delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Enforces safe procedural site and patient verification policy
- Monitors and responds to quality event reporting
- Supports new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes, and defends a capital equipment request.
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of the department; assures proper utilization of the organizations financial resources.
- Advances the growth agenda for Surgical Services.
- Strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients, staff, and payers in the community they serve
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
- Develops and builds strategic internal and external networks.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR DIRECTOR OF SURGICAL SERVICES
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR nursing required
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred
- Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, & TRAINING
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) preferred
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferred
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY CONTACT
Juli Van Der Meulen
Meet Your Recruiter
Juli Van Der Meulen
Juli began recruiting in New York City in 1983. In 1990 she moved to Florida and joined American Recruiters and helped start its healthcare division. Juli continues to be a leader in healthcare recruiting because of her commitment to providing outstanding and courteous service to both clients and candidates alike in assisting in meeting their needs.