Oakland, CA US
Our Directors and Nurses are on the front line of patient care, improving the quality of life of every patient, every day. That means providing care, and collaborating with our multi-disciplinary team to deliver a unique care plan to each and every patient. This role is all about relationships and the bond you’ll create with patients and their families. Prior Management and Labor & Delivery nursing experience is required.
Director - Labor & Delivery Qualifications:
Director - Labor & Delivery Education:
- M.A. / M.S. preferred
- B.A. / B.S. required
Director - Labor & Delivery License/Certifications:
- California Registered Nurse License
- BLS Certification
- NRP Certification
- 3-5 Years Managerial
- 5 Years in Labor & Delivery and/or Ante Partum setting required
Director - Labor & Delivery Job Summary:
- This position oversees the operations of Labor & Delivery and Ante Partum Departments.
- Plans, directs and coordinates all operational activities for areas of responsibility.
- Develops policies and procedures as well as the quality improvement programs for areas of responsibility.
- Develops the capital and operating budgets.
- Ensures areas of responsibility are appropriately staffed by hiring and retaining competent staff.
- As a member of the management team makes a significant contribution to the public's perception of the hospital.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Responsible for development and enforcement of policies and procedures that ensure quality patient care.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate Human Resources are available in areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for maintaining acceptable turnover in areas of responsibility.
- Ensures operations run within budgetary guidelines.
- Responsible for positive employee engagement and appropriate communication with staff.
- Responsible for quality and performance improvement activities in department and multidisciplinary.
- Responsible for positive customer satisfaction results. responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations and guidelines as set by federal, state, local and other agencies (i.e, JCAHO, Medicare, CMS).
- Facilitates positive productive relationships with physicians.
To learn more contact: Michelle Johnson 954-492-4646 or firstname.lastname@example.org