Director Of Emergency Services
Pensacola, FL US
Full Time, Generous Compensation offered.
Director of Emergency Services Job Description:
Responsible for quality patient care and overall operation of the Emergency Department.
Directs the staff and program of the emergency services unit.
Develops and introduces approved standards and guidelines for emergency service programs.
Coordinates and oversees the unit’s quality initiatives and improvement efforts while ensuring alignment with organizational wide goals and objectives.
Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates professional nursing services in accordance with policy and procedures to achieve patient care needs.
Collaborates with staff, physicians and administration on nursing issues and interpretation of hospital policies.
Develops annual budget and ensures operational, personnel, and capital expenditures are in accordance with budgetary guidelines.
Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected and reports to top management.
Director of Emergency Services Job Requirements/Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
· Master’s degree (MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field)
· 3 years of experience in emergency services
· 3 years of experience in a leadership role
Director of Emergency Services Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
· Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation.
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
· Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC)
· Basic Life Support (BLS)
For more information, please contact: