Director of Accounting
Kansas City, MO US
Director of Accounting
Join our Five-Star Hospital as Director of Accounting. We are located in a beautiful mid-western town of 100K friendly, family and community oriented people. This is an area where the term “work/life balance” is your reality!
As Director of Accounting you will become a member of a team, which has achieved the following accolades while focusing on the well-being of their patients, employees and the community as a whole:
➢ Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award
➢ Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by the Joint Commission
➢ “A” rating by The Leapfrog Group
➢ Named one of the nation’s 100 TOP Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics and a recipient of Truven’s Everest Award
Our ideal Director of Accounting candidate possesses the following attributes and experience:
- Five plus years of accounting leadership experience in a healthcare setting.
- Strong financial background with demonstrated analytical thinking and problem-solving skills as well as a working knowledge of cost and quality improvement methodologies.
- A strong leader; A leader who will be focused on employee engagement. He/she needs to be a great communicator, both up and down.
- Audit and accounting experience.
- Strong GAP knowledge.
- Payroll/AP experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required.
- CPA and/or Master’s Degree is strongly preferred.
- Lawson experience is preferred.
As Director of Accounting with our award-winning health system you will:
- Promote high-quality patient care.
- Work in collaboration with direct report caregivers to articulate a vision for the future direction of the department.
- Have knowledge of national trends and apply this knowledge to benefit the department; anticipate changes that will be required to realize the vision; and guides transformation in a systematic, inspirational manner.
- Build highly effective partnerships with key stakeholders across the organization.
- Create highly effective, consultative relationships with internal customers in the development of financial counseling processes.
- Continually seek and apply best practice approaches in providing feedback through formal monthly and annual performance reviews and regular informal conversations.
- Administer and improve all aspects related to performance outcomes for the department—assuring best practice processes.
- Advocate assuring services provided to the organization are carried out with the highest attention to quality. The Director sets priorities and assures department initiatives meet organizational standards. The Director specifically assures compliance with the Financial Accounting Standard Board, Joint Commission, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Missouri Department of Health other regulatory bodies. The Director participates on teams to prioritize and resolve stakeholder issues.
- Works with the Process Leader to contribute to and monitor the department operational budgets.
- Assimilate information from a variety of sources: customers, caregivers, leaders, and others to identify critical issues and problems and to develop breakthrough solutions.
We are actively interviewing for this opportunity. Please contact Ina Phillip at firstname.lastname@example.org or 770-433-2220.