Director of Emergency Services
Mission, MO US
Director Emergency Services Position Summary:
The Director Emergency Services Department assures service, growth, development, personnel management, and resource allocation and management controls in order to ensure consistent high-quality patient care in the Emergency Department.
• 50,000 ED Visits/year
• Level I Trauma Center
• Be the leader of a highly engaged and passionate team
• Drive phenomenal clinical practice and patient experience
• Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
• Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
• Coaches immediate subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
• Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
• Enforces standards of emergency department care and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing emergency services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
• Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
• Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
• Is responsible for department’s operational excellence; ensures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and professional standards.
• Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
• Seeks new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
• Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
• Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
Director Emergency Services Education & Experience:
•Bachelor's degree Nursing
•Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field
•3+ years of experience in emergency services
•3+ years of experience in a leadership role
Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
•Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation.
•Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
•Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC)
•Basic Life Support (BLS)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors:
• Knowledge of human resource management, program development, fiscal management skills, and familiarity with regulatory and accrediting agency standards preferred
To learn More: Juli Van Der Meulen 954-906-5186 or email@example.com