Director of Nursing
South Hill, VA US
Director of Nursing (LTC)
South Hill, VA
Director of Nursing Objective: To coordinate activities and organizational initiatives that enable CLIENT to be recognized within the healthcare community for excellence in nursing, safety, and quality and maintain continued recognition as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for the hospital. Responsible for implementing, communicating, monitoring and evaluating professional practices, activities, and strategies.
Director of Nursing Responsibilities:
- Responsible for 120 bed dually certified long term care center affiliated with an acute care hospital
- Responsible for all aspects of nursing and MDS
- Works with Administrator to assure compliance with state and federal regulations, staffing, quality, and education.
- Responsible for about 95 FTE’s to include 4 Clinical Coordinators, LPN’s, C.N.A., and Unit Secretaries.
Director of Nursing Qualifications:
- Current RN license in Virginia or eligible or compact state required
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience as Director of Nursing LTC or LTC Clinical Supervisor with two of those years of progressive leadership and/or supervisory/management experience
Director of Nursing Education Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or related field or within one semester of completion.
- Certification in specialist area
*OFFERING GENEROUS RELOCATION PACKAGE