Director of Patient Safety & Risk
Boynton Beach, FL US
Full benefits included! Generous Compensation, Sign-On and Relocation Available!
Director of Safety & Risk Job Description:
Reporting to the Vice President of Quality Management, the Sr. Risk Manager is responsible for the operation of the clinical risk and patient safety program on a day-to-day basis as well as claims management program and risk management education for the facility.
- Follow through on assisting and monitoring systems necessary for identification, evaluation, reduction and elimination of professional and general liability risk exposure
- Coordinate activities that focus on the management of claims and pretrial preparation
- Oversee the grievance process and the timely response and documentation of grievances.
- Track and share risk data and work with accreditation and regulatory agencies with the objective of enhancing patient safety and promoting quality care
- Follow established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm
- Demonstrate knowledge of regulatory requirements, Ethics and Compliance policies, and quality initiatives
Director of Safety & Risk Job Requirements:
- Current Florida RN licensure
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred
- Licensed Healthcare Risk Manager; license must be obtained within 6 months of hire; CPHRM, CPPS certifications preferred
- 5+ years healthcare experience with a focus in advanced nursing
- 3+ years in Risk Management, Quality in an acute care environment
- Demonstrated analytical skills; familiarity with statistical and/or actuarial methods
- Excellent computer skills with demonstrated spreadsheet and database competency
For More information, please contact: