Director of Patient Safety/Risk
Orlando, FL US
Generous Compensation, Sign on Bonus and Relocation is being offered.
Must be a LHRM (Licensed Healthcare Risk Manager)which is specific to Florida.
Director of Patient Safety/Risk Job Description:
- Prevent future harm by initiating and overseeing proactive evaluation and redesign of systems to improve care processes (e.g. forcing functions, checklists, error causation thinking, human factors, applied informatics, culture).
- Support improved outcomes by emphasizing both appropriate behaviors and robust systems that include concise accountability measures and follow-up.
- Improve consistent delivery of evidence-based care and reduction in preventable harm by focusing on reliability and applying the principles of reliable design.
- Reduce variation in care delivery. Partner with the Patient Safety Organization to explore identified variations when appropriate.
- Utilize alerts and best practices (e.g. Sentinel Event Alerts) to perform gap assessments and implement strong actions that will alleviate identified gaps.
- Effectively report, investigate, and analyze patient safety incidents, medical errors and potential risks in the facility.
- Facilitate thorough and credible serious event analysis that result in strong sustainable improvement strategies.
- Facilitate thorough and credible failure mode effect analysis to identify and mitigate unintended adverse patient outcomes and evaluate effectiveness of process changes.
- Perform Patient Safety Rounds that identify patient safety risks. Empower staff to identify and participate in resolution of patient safety concerns.
- Coordinate disclosure of serious events to patients and/or families in accordance with organizational policy and regulations.
- Assure timely reporting of Patient Safety Work Product (PSWP) to the Patient Safety Organization.
- Actively participate in PSO learning collaboratives. Ensure implementation of best practices, alerts, and updates to drive patient safety improvement.
Director of Patient Safety/Risk Job Requirements/Qualifications:
- LHRM (Licensed Healthcare Risk Manager) required
- Certification in Patient Safety (CPPS) required;
- If not already CPPS, must obtain certification within first year of hire.
- CPHRM required;
- If not already CPHRM, must obtain certification within first year of hire.
Director of Patient Safety/Risk EDUCATION :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare related field required.
- Clinical background required.
- Three to five years healthcare experience in patient safety, risk, and/or quality required. Healthcare experience should be recent and within a clinical setting such as Hospital, Ambulatory Surgery Center, etc.
For more information, please contact: Michelle Johnson 954-492-4646 or firstname.lastname@example.org