Director of Pharmacy
Austin, TX US
Join one of the largest health systems in Texas, which is a full-service medical center offering comprehensive medical care. We are a 350-bed acute care hospital and a 64- bed rehabilitation hospital providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care.
- Under the direction of the ACOO, and using the Total Quality Management concept, directs the cost-effective delivery of pharmacy care.
- Assures safety in the storage and use of all drugs within the hospital.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to demonstrate all safety protocols and procedures
- Preparation of minutes, memos, reports, lectures, and newsletter articles
- Ability to give lectures before large groups
- Required: B.S. Pharmacy degree from an accredited college of pharmacy (5-year equivalent program)
- Preferred: ASHP accredited hospital pharmacy residency or a master's degree in Hospital Pharmacy Administration from an accredited school of pharmacy or equivalent experience
- Required: 7+ years hospital pharmacy experience with 3 years experience in all areas of job description
- Preferred: 5+ years director of pharmacy or assistant director of pharmacy for 100+ bed hospital experience
- Required: Texas State Board of Pharmacy license