Director of Surgical Services
Destin, FL US
Generous Compensation, Sign on Bonus & Relocation being offered. Full-time No Weekends!
Director of Surgical Services Job Description:
The Director Surgical Services Department leads the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing operations. The Director Surgical Services has 24/7 responsibility for their departments.
Director of Surgical Services Job Requirements/Qualifications:
Director of Surgical Services Education & Experience:
•Bachelor's degree Required
•Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field - Preferred
•3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR nursing. Required
•3+ years of experience in a leadership role - Preferred
Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Director of Surgical Services Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
•Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation. Required
•Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR)- Preferred
•Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) - Preferred
Director of Surgical Services Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Personal Characteristics:
• Reference HCA LEADS
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
- Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
- Participate in employee and patient rounding
- Identifies and mentor potential future leaders
- Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety
- Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- Responsible for department’s operational excellence by ensuring delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Enforces safe procedural site and patient verification policy
- Monitors and responds to quality event reporting
- Supports new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
- Advances the growth agenda for Surgical Services.
- Strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients, staff, and payers in the community they serve
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
- Develops and builds strategic internal and external networks.
For more information, please contact: