Director of Surgical Services
Roanoke, VA US
Director of Surgical Services Position Summary :
The Director Surgical Services Department leads the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing operations.
The Director Surgical Services has 24/7 responsibility for their departments.
Director of Surgical Services Major Responsibilities:
• Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
• Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
• Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
• Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
• Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
• Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
• Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
• Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety
• Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
• Responsible for department’s operational excellence by ensuring delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
• Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
• Supports new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
• Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
Director of Surgical Services Job Qualifications:
•Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field
•3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR nursing.
•3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
•Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation.
•Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR)
•Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM)
For more information, please contact: Juli Van Der Meulen 954-906-5186 or firstname.lastname@example.org