Director of Surgical Services
Shreveport, LA US
Full-time Days (NO Weekends)
Director of Surgical Services Job Requirements:
- Directs nursing service activities of nursing personnel in one or more patient care units.
- Verifies that patients’ needs are met and evaluates nursing care and performance.
- Participates in planning work of assigned units and coordinates activities with other patient care units and related departments.
- Plans and organizes training of unit staff members, and participates in guidance and educational programs.
- Communicates policies, practices, procedures, objectives, and goals necessary for attainment of satisfactory patient care.
- Oversees and directs departmental activities to ensure quality services for both internal and external customers.
- Serves as a resource to, and collaborates with others to advance the hospital mission.
- Have 7-day-a-week, 24-hour-a-day "bottom line" responsibility for a significant component of the hospital's operations.
- Accountable for financial operations and implementation of hospital (and service line) goals within their area of responsible.
- Participate in strategic planning for the hospital and/or service line of which they are a part.
- Is accountable for quality/patient safety.
Director of Surgical Services Job Qualifications:
• Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse
• BSN Preferred
• Five- (5) years-clinical experience and two- (2) years progressive leadership in area of expertise
• 24 hour/7days per week on-call responsibility
For more information, please contact: