Austin, TX US
Emergency Room Registered Nurse Job Description:
- Provides direct patient care in an area designated as a specialty unit in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources. Monitors, documents, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including disposition, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
- Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
- Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May precept student nurses and new hires.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills
- effective communications skills,
- decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Emergency Room Registered Nurse Job Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program.
- State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN). Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- 1year ER experience with ability to provide Safe, High Quality and Compassionate Nursing Care.