Nashville, TN US
Growth Company desires to hire a MANUFACTURING ENGINEER, have an impact in New Product Development, have a voice in company, manage teams!
Be involved in time studies, line setup, Routings, fixture design, 5S, Continuous Improvements, reports to VP Engineering. Location - Greater Nashville, TN area. Relocation assistance available.
Our client is a leading manufacturer of commercial foodservice cooking and concession equipment. Salary based upon relevant experience and track record.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for improving production processes through implementation of new technologies, analysis of work task, redesign of products, or routing changes.
The Manufacturing Engineer is also responsible for manufacturing support both in fabrication and assembly, quality improvements and product design.
- Researches, justifies, recommends, documents, and implements fully new processes or technologies. Examples of projects to be undertaken include:
- Packing Stations
- Implementation of new manufacturing cells
- Set-up reduction
- Will work with fabrication equipment to improve set-up reduction programs.
- S.H.A compliance on equipment
- Line setup to reduce waste
- Time studies
- Creation/Modification of work instructions
- Manufacturing support
- Performs time studies to accurately reflect true costs and locate areas where improvements can be made.
- Performs assembly line balancing and recommends tooling, fixturing, and handling methods to improve performance.
- Initiates new routings for new manufactured parts and routings changes for existing manufactured parts.
- Maintains plant layouts and generates proposals to use floor space more efficiently.
- Maintains all Material Safety Data Sheets and assists with compliance to OSHA.
- Supervises all third-party in-plant inspections and answers all violations in writing to maintain product certification listing.
- Assists in solving production related problems.
- Performs any special projects as required by Engineering, Manufacturing, or St. Louis personnel.
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Engineering Technology related discipline from regionally accredited university or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a related field
- Experience with Auto Cad 2010
- 3D Modeling experience considered a plus