Med/Surg Charge Registered Nurse
Sarasota, FL US
Med/Surg RN Job Description:
Our Medical-Surgical Department is a unique in-patient unit with all-private rooms. Our patient profile is diverse and encompasses medical, post-surgical, and, oncology patients. Special procedures performed on this unit include chemotherapy. This unit is also the Cancer Care Center for the hospital. Our Medical-Surgical Department is committed to provide exceptional care to every patient, every time.
Med/Surg RN Job Requirements:
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required, BSN preferred
- Current Florida State Registered Nursing license
- Current BLS certification through American Heart Association required; ACLS preferred.
- National Certification (CMSRN) preferred; required within 6 months
- Minimum two years acute care RN experience required
- Prior Charge/Supervisory RN experience preferred
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
For more information, please contact: