Medical Lab Technologist 2
Show Low, AZ US
Medical Lab Technologist wanted for an Acute Care Facility located in Holbrook , Arizona.
Medical Lab Technologist Responsibilities:
- Performs laboratory quality control testing and instrument maintenance in chemistry, hematology, urinalysis, serology, blood bank, and microbiology to ensure all patient results are accurate.
- Performs laboratory patient testing in chemistry, hematology, urinalysis, serology, blood bank, and microbiology and report results to the appropriate individual or department.
- Evaluates test results; investigate any discrepancies and institute follow-up as needed.
- Prioritizes workload for maximum efficiency.
- Maintains lab supplies and communicates with the Purchasing department regarding supply availability.
- Reviews and reports testing received from reference laboratories.
- Submits reportable results to regulatory agencies as required.
- Assists Laboratory Assistants as needed in interpreting physician orders, collecting BGMs and venipunctures, receiving specimens into the laboratory, and preparing tests for reference labs.
- Supervises and provides resources for lab assistants as needed.
- Consults with the pathologist to provide resources to physicians and other health care providers as needed.
- Maintains sufficient blood supply in the blood bank.
- Evaluates patient need for blood products and performs crossmatches to provide compatible blood as well as prepare platelets, fresh frozen plasma, and cryoprecipate for infusion as needed.
- Performs competency testing as assigned and complies with all regulatory requirements.
- Reviews and updates procedure manuals annually as required for CAP accreditation.
- Displays proper etiquette and mannerisms that reflect the SHINE Behavior Guidelines.
- Promotes the Patient Safety Standards as a core value of the organization.
- High school diploma or equivalent (required)
- CPR/BLS Certification (required).
- ASCP, AMT, HEW, or NCA CLS national certification (required).
- Bachelor of Science degree (preferred).
- Basic computer skills (preferred).
- 1-2 years’ experience (preferred for Medical Technologist; required for Senior Medical Technologist).
To learn more contact Kara Graham 954.492.4638 or email firstname.lastname@example.org