Medical Lab Technologist
Show Low, AZ US
Location: Show Low, Arizona
Medical Lab Technologist Summary
Responsible for performing analytical tests on blood and body fluids in all areas of the laboratory. All testing must have integrity confirmed and maintained before, during, and following the testing procedures. In addition, assist Lab Assistants in all areas of their responsibilities.
Medical Lab Technologist Functions / Major Responsibilities
- Performs laboratory quality control testing and instrument maintenance in chemistry, hematology, urinalysis, serology, blood bank, and microbiology to ensure all patient results are accurate.
- Performs laboratory patient testing in chemistry, hematology, urinalysis, serology, blood bank, and microbiology and report results to the appropriate individual or department.
- Evaluates test results; investigate any discrepancies and institute follow-up as needed.
- Prioritizes workload for maximum efficiency.
- Maintains lab supplies and communicates with the Purchasing department regarding supply availability.
- Reviews and reports testing received from reference laboratories.
- Submits reportable results to regulatory agencies as required.
- Assists Laboratory Assistants as needed in interpreting physician orders, collecting BGMs and venipunctures, receiving specimens into the laboratory, and preparing tests for reference labs.
- Supervises and provides resources for lab assistants as needed.
- Consults with the pathologist to provide resources to physicians and other healthcare providers as needed.
- Maintains sufficient blood
supply inthe blood bank.
- Evaluates patient need for blood products and performs cross matches to provide compatible blood as well as prepare platelets, fresh frozen plasma, and cryoprecipitate for infusion as needed.
- Performs competency testing as assigned and complies with all regulatory requirements.
- Reviews and updates procedure manuals annually as required for CAP accreditation.
- Displays proper etiquette and mannerisms that reflect the SHINE Behavior Guidelines.
- Promotes the Patient Safety Standards as a core value of the organization.
- Medical Lab Technologist Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent (required)
- CPR/BLS Certification (required).
- ASCP, AMT, HEW, or NCA CLS national certification (required).
- Bachelor of Science degree (preferred).
- Basic computer skills (preferred).
- 1-2 years experience (preferred for Medical Technologist; required for Senior Medical Technologist).
To Learn More Contact Michelle Johnson 954-492-4646 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org