Medical Lab Technologist Lead
Sarasota, FL US
Medical Lab Technologist Lead Duties:
- Performs stat and routine clinical laboratory testing in technical discipline areas in which individual and department are licensed under the direction of a laboratory supervisor, manager or director.
- Performs duties consistent with written procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Applies theoretical concepts of laboratory medicine using independent judgement to ensure timely and accurate results.
- Maintains licensure, competency, and is regulatory scheduled in Blood Bank, Chemistry, and Hematology sections of the laboratory. Performs non-technical duties including, but not limited to specimen collection, processing and referral testing within the department as required.
- Works evening or night shift and serves as the primary laboratory point of contact for the facility trauma team on assigned shift
- Supports the department in achieving department goals for service, quality, regulatory compliance, financial performance, patient satisfaction, healthy work environment, and integration of intra and inter-departmental activities.
- 2 Year/Associate Degree, Science, required
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology preferred
- State of Florida Medical Technologist License
- Technical specialty areas: Blood Bank/Immunohematology, Chemistry, Hematology
- 3-5 years of experience in a Medical Laboratory
- 3 or more years of experience and generally scheduled in at least 5 areas of the lab.
For more information, please contact: Michelle Johnson 954-492-4646 or email@example.com