Medical Laboratory Scientist
South Hill, VA US
South Hill, VA
Seeking a full time Medical Laboratory Scientist. The MLS/MT provides accurate and timely testing and results to requesting physicians and other Health care professionals for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. The MT should consistently utilize excellent customer service skills to both internal and external customers at all times. A positive and professional interpersonal style with a strong commitment to the team effort is mandatory.
Medical Laboratory Scientist Responsibilities:
- Performance of procedures, evaluation and reporting of results as outlined in the manual of standard operating procedures.
- Notification of panic values to ordering physicians.
- Customer service oriented communications.
- With supervision participate in teaching new employees, students, residents, etc. in areas that competency is demonstrated.
- Must complete the required number of continuing education hours per year. (MT must complete 6 to 10 hours per year).
- Holiday scheduling as required.
- On call availability as required and for emergency coverage on any shift.
Medical Laboratory Scientist Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science (BSCLS) from an accredited
- Certified as a Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or equivalent, or Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) by the National Credentialing Agency (NCA) or equivalent ASCP categorical certification within 24 months of employment
- Masters Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science (MSCLS) from an accredited program