Medical Technologist !!
Sarasota, FL US
Medical Technologist job duties:
- Performs stat and routine clinical laboratory testing in technical discipline areas in which individual and department are licensed under the direction of a laboratory supervisor, manager or director.
- Performs duties consistent with written procedures and regulatory requirements. Applies theoretical concepts of laboratory medicine using independent judgement to ensure timely and accurate results.
- Maintains licensure, competency, and is regulatory scheduled in Blood Bank, Chemistry, and Hematology sections of the laboratory.
- Performs non-technical duties including, but not limited to specimen collection, processing and referral testing within the department as required.
- Supports the department in achieving department goals for service, quality, regulatory compliance, financial performance, patient satisfaction, healthy work environment, and integration of intra and inter-departmental activities.
- Nationally recognized certification as a medical technologist, ASCP preferred
- Florida State Licensure as a MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST is required in all areas of Lab preferred, at least 3 areas of the lab is required
- Associates' Degree in medical technology with formal medical technology training. Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Medical Technologist in a hospital laboratory is preferred. Blood Bank experience is preferred.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- MUST be comfortable working alone and covering all areas of lab.
- Strong team work and collaboration abilities.
For more information, please contact: