Orlando, FL US
Medical Lab Technologist Functions:
- Prepares and calibrates test instruments and equipment to assure the accuracy of tests.
- Prepares specimens and performs laboratory tests of moderate and high complexity as defined in laboratory procedures manual.
- Discusses unexpected or unreasonable test results to supervisor.
- Reports the results of each test and related test data by entering information in computer database.
- Prepares, distributes, and files forms and reports.
- Cleans instruments and equipment as needed following each test.
- Performs maintenance and minor repairs to instruments and equipment.
- Recognizes equipment malfunctions and notifies appropriate personnel.
- Assists newly assigned staff to learn laboratory procedures.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Bachelor's Degree
- MLT (ASCP) certification from either the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or American Medical Technologists (AMT)