Peoria, IL US
Medical Technologist Essential Functions:
• Prepares and calibrates test instruments and equipment to assure accuracy of tests.
• Prepares specimens and performs laboratory tests of moderate and high complexity as defined in laboratory procedures manual.
• Discusses unexpected or unreasonable test results to supervisor.
• Reports the results of each test and related test data by entering information in computer database.
• Prepares, distributes, and files forms and reports.
• Cleans instruments and equipment as needed following each test.
• Performs maintenance and minor repairs to instruments and equipment.
• Recognizes equipment malfunctions and notifies appropriate personnel.
• Assists newly assigned staff to learn laboratory procedures.
• Performs other related duties as directed.
Medical Technologist Experience:
• Minimum two (2) years of current experience in a clinical laboratory or in related field required. Medical Technologist Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in a laboratory science required. Or associates degree with 4 years experience.Medical Technologist License, Certification, Registration
• MLT (ASCP) certification from either the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or American Medical Technologists (AMT)or American Association of Bioanalysts (AAB) required.
For more information please contact Kevin Ford (954) 492-4637 or Kevin@ariteam.com