National Account Manager
Home Based US
- Live anywhere in the U.S.
- Travel 70% to visit your customers!
- As long as you're easily accessible to an airport this is for you!
- 30% working from your home / virtual office!
We are working with a client to find a National Account Manager. The objective of the position is to identify, make contact, and develop sales opportunities with National Account in the Foodservice industry. Work in conjunction with Division’s objectives for sales territories as it relates to Regional Managers (RM’s), Sales Reps, and Dealer’s influence or involvement. The end goal of these efforts is to attain the sales objectives of the Division’s Profit Plan.
- Bachelor's degree in relatable field
- 10+ years of experience food service equipment
- Ability to travel 80 of the time
- Remote Home Based Office
- Accessible to major airport
National Accounts is defined as:
• An “end-buyer or influencer” that has multiple offices in multiple geographical areas, (basically several people involved in the buying or influencing decisions) and /or...
• An “end-buyer or influencer” who buys centrally or regionally for multiple projects in multiple geographical areas and / or...
• An “end-buyer” that actually or potentially purchases a significant volume of products, and / or….
• An account that desires a long-term, cooperative relationship with a preferred / select group of suppliers, and / or…
• An account that expects specialized attention and service from their preferred / select suppliers.
All duties will be performed in accordance with current Division policies and procedures and within the limits of authority delegated by the VP of Sales.
Identify those markets / accounts which potentially lend itself to utilizing our products and services.
Qualify those accounts as probable purchasers of products.
Assure that National Account Customers are knowledgeable about our products and services, product application, and procedures.
Coordinate as required with other functions in the Division, for the benefit of the Division. Where applicable, maintain close communications with RM’s, Sales Rep’s, Customers, and the Sales Support / Customer Service function.
Participate in the development of budgets and sales forecasts and to manage accounts within bounds of good business practices, Division’s Policies, and established budgets.
Recommend pricing approach consistent with sales and profit goals and the competitive circumstances.
Promptly alert management of product, service, installation problems, and National Account Customer changes (financial, management changes, direction).
NATURE AND SCOPE
The National Accounts Manager reports directly to the VP of Sales. His / her function is to effectively and profitably develop, manage, and maintain national account Customers to achieve the sales and profit goals established.
The National Account Manager’s function is to basically promote products, promotion of sales through the companies Dealer Organization (if applicable), and specific direct sales to identified national account customers.
The National Account Manager must of necessity maintain an excellent working relationship and personal contact with applicable Key Customers, RM’s, Rep Groups, and Division personnel.
This position is also responsible for contributing to the success of the business through full participation in business planning activities, and through the proposal of improvements in areas outside of the position’s specific realm of responsibility and accountability.
If you feel you are a fit, send your resume in confidence to Michael Page at firstname.lastname@example.org