Nurse Patient Navigator
South Hill, VA US
Oncology Nurse Patient Navigator
South Hill, VA
Oncology Nurse Patient Navigator Responsibilities:
- Coordinate individual patient in each step of cancer care, such as:
- New patient appointment and scheduling, obtaining pertinent medical records.
- Facilitate staging procedure with laboratories, consultations, and treatment plans.
- Collaborate with chemotherapy nurses, if
patienton active treatment.
- Assist patient on post-treatment rehabilitation or palliative care.
- Identify the special needs of
patient, including social worker for psychosocial support, dietitian evaluation or genetic counseling.
- Serve as patient advocate, interpreter,
Oncology Nurse Patient Navigator Licensure and Certification Requirements
- Current RN licensure in Virginia or compact state
- AHA BLS Certification
- Specialty Nursing Certification in either Nurse Navigation or Oncology within one year of hire in position
Oncology Nurse Patient Navigator Experience REQUIRED:
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant clinical experience demonstrating:
- Patient education, nursing, planning, case management or similar experience
- Previous experience in Oncology
Oncology Nurse Patient Navigator Experience PREFERRED:
- Nurse Navigation or leadership experience
- Experience working in
a NCIComprehensive Program
- Experience within an academic, teaching hospital
Oncology Nurse Patient Navigator Education Required: Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing
Oncology Nurse Patient Navigator Education Preferred: Master' Degree in Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing
**RELOCATION ASSISTANCE BEING OFFERED