Nurse Practitioner - Neuro
Flower Mound, TX US
Nurse Practitioner Neuro Job Summary:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides cardiopulmonary management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
Nurse Practitioner Neuro Job Qualifications:
Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Texas State RN license or compact license accepted
- Master's prepared Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Two years experience as a Critical Care RN.