Denver, CO US
If you live in the Denver, CO area, love challenges of business, leading and managing teams as a Production Manager - Operations Manager in an OEM sheetmetal (sheet metal) fabrication environment, let's talk!
Strong stable company would like to meet you, grow your career, company has multiple facilities.
Production Manager - Denver Market - prefer local candidates
The primary function of this position is the management of the production activities within the facility through the use of continuous improvement techniques consistent with company policies. The production manager ensures that product and services are produced efficiently. Reports to VP Operations - GM.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient day to day operations of the plant with an eye towards maximizing the efficiency of production activities while ensuring product quality.
- Ensure that weekly production schedules are met by deploying appropriate resources while managing labor cost too productivity standards.
- Aggressively measure and improve upon all departmental related KPI categories.
- Lead and facilitate continuous improvement activities through utilization of lean manufacturing. product quality, factory throughput, and delivery performance.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement and accountability in all aspects of plant operations, resulting in the safe production of quality products and services.
- Establish training programs for employees, set performance expectations, monitor performance and provide couching and feedback to the employees
- Work with internal departments to drive Safety, Quality and Service levels for both internal and external customers.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated accomplishments in process improvements
- Skilled in identifying and solving problems and ability of making independent decision to solve problems
- Excellent Oral and written communication, ability to effectively present to senior management
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a strong background in continuous improvement (Lean, Cellular Manufacturing, Kaizen, etc.)
- Experience with Tier 1 ERP systems
- Must be PC proficient including Microsoft, Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently and under time constraints
Minimum Required Experience or Education:
- Bachelor s degree; preferably in Engineering or Manufacturing, advanced degree such as an MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of manufacturing experience