Galesburg, IL US
Production Manager, Plant Manager leading production teams for innovative foodservice equipment - established, stable, growth company desires to hire an innovative Production leader.
Location NW Illinois, up to six figure base salary based on industry experience, relo assistance available, lead non-union production facility.
Reports to: President/VP
This Production Manager directs single-site manufacturing operations through a team of functional supervisors. It also ensures increasing levels of customer satisfaction while improving the efficiency of manpower, materials and machines, and is ultimately responsible for 200 direct and indirect personnel.
The Production Manager will execute profitable methods of purchasing for fabrication, final assembly and distribution of service parts.
- Coordinate and communicate parts production in order to manufacture industrial equipment consisting of sheet metal, machined, welded, electrical and highly intense manual assembly.
- Use Lean Manufacturing techniques, improves quality, reduces cost, completes on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations, visual controls and plant performance measures.
- Supervise and manage up to 200 full-time and temporary personnel.
- Use established methods of Kaizen, lean, Kanban as needed to improve throughput.
- Implement flexible cross-training to meet production based upon scheduled product to maximize use of manpower.
- Establish and maintain safety program and continuous safety improvement plan.
- Understands basic MRP, MS Office Programs and manual tools to achieve continuous improvement goals.
- Establish inventory management plans to control inventory in proportion with production.
- Achieving cost and schedule goals.
- Assist in implementation of new products and design changes.
- Assist in purchase of fixtures, tooling, and equipment calibration.
Ability to effectively prioritize & execute tasks in a flexible manufacturing environment.
Steady increase in responsibility from shop floor to supervisory level.
Must have familiarity with basic manufacturing processes such as:
Machining, general fabrication and sheet metal forming
Mechanical and electrical product assembly
Materials coordination and scheduling
MIG and TIG welding and brazing