R&D Food Process Engineer
Chicago, IL US
R&D Process Food Technologist or Food R&D Engineer - with hands-on experience for food coatings product development and equipment process technology
Are you an R&D Technologist or Engineer - with experience in food processing? Our client needs you to upscale and commercialize their breadings and coatings for their food processing clients. You will need to be able to experiment with blends/formulas as well as act in a production environment. You will be a member of the global R&D team of our client. You will cooperate with our client's customer R&D teams to develop coated and battered products, all of which are a unique global patented technology. This opportunity is based in the Greater Chicago metro suburban area - 17 miles Southwest of Chicago, just north of I-55 and I-294
Experienced in food process engineering, food processing equipment for breading, crumbs, coatings and batters - meat, seafood and vegetable coatings- breading, crumbs work with tumblers, extruders, etc....
Work with client's engineers and food technology teams, advise in making equipment changes and modifications.
- BSc or MSc in Food Technology / Food Engineering, or comparable with a strong background in meat and poultry processing.
- Preferably more than 5 years of relevant experience in the meat and or snack industry or in process technology in comparable industries.
- Experience with up/down scaling.
- Willing to travel worldwide
- Competences: pro-active, entrepreneurial, results oriented, team player, hands-on.
- Fluent in English and good communication skills
Your salary is based on the weighting of your job, your experience and your training. Our client offers not only a competitive salary but also training and education on the job.Salary range may be up to $125K base plus incentives.
Company description - Our client is a full service provider for all aspects of coated and breaded food product.
Location - Greater Chicago metro area.