RN - ICU
Athens, GA US
$ 10,000 SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE
RN ICU Job Summary:
- Provides general nursing care to patients in hospital.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatments and examinations of patients.
- Observes patient, record significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or physician of patient’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments and significant incidents.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition to patient.
- May rotate among various clinical services of hospital depending on staffing needs.
- May prepare rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and supplies, and hand items to physician or other medical practitioner.
- May make beds, bathe and feed patients. May serve as leader for the group of personnel rendering nursing care to a number of patients
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Acute medical/surgical care of diseases and conditions including but not limited to: cardiovascular (cardiac medical only)pulmonary, neuro, GI, GU, GYN, skeletral/muscular, renal, orthoconditions and diseases including but not limited to: AMI, CAD, PVD, CVA/TIA, COPD, CHF, shock, renal failure, metabolic disorders, etc.
RN ICU Job Requirements:
- Graduate with ADN or BSN
- Active GA RN license
- BLS through American Heart Association
- A minimum of 1 year of RN experience is required.
- Associate's Degree/College Diploma
For more information, please contact: Jessie Cerminaro email@example.com 315-507-3721