RN Cath Lab
El Paso, TX US
RN CATH LAB POSITION SUMMARY:
This position is required to provide professional nursing care to patients in a Critical Care Cardiovascular Setting.
To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians to deliver quality care.
RN CATH LAB ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Demonstrates knowledge and application of the Nursing process.
2. Participates and cooperates in the departmental based Quality Improvement processes.
3. Supports. maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of personnel and resources.
4. Evaluates and documents patient response, monitors and recognizes changes physiologic and psychosocial status, takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
5. Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient. Ensures that consents, orders and documentation are present for procedures.
6. Serves as a patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information and by informing the physicians of patient requests.
7. Ensures sterile techniques and patient safety are maintained.
8. Maintains crash carts defibrillators and pharmaceutical needs for the department.
9. Participates in Standby and On call responsibilities.
10. Other duties as assigned.
RN CATH LAB QUALIFICATIONS:
*Cardiac Catheterization experience
*Critical Care experience.
*Minimum of an Associate Degree in Nursing or Diploma.
*Current RN licensure in Texas required, Current CPR Certification required
*ACLS, PALS, NRP as age appropriate required within one year of employment or transfer to the department.
*Certification must be renewed no later than 30 days following expiration.
To learn more contact: Lilliana del Real 954-492-4672 or email@example.com