Clinical Documentation Specialist/CDI
Atlanta, GA US
Clinical Documentation Specialist /CDI
This exciting opportunity requires that you live in the Atlanta area, however, it provides a very flexible work schedule, including working remotely ….call me to discuss the details further as we are actively interviewing: Ina Phillip - 770-433-2220
What causes this Clinical Documentation Specialist role to stand out?
- We have some of the best benefits in town! They include a pension fund, and you are fully vested in just 5 years!
- Our health system is progressive and well respected
- We are recognized as a great place to work and grow professionally
- Highly flexible schedule includes working remotely
- Team centered approach
Overview for CDI Specialist:
- The RN Clinical Documentation Specialist (CDS) demonstrates strong clinical knowledge and understanding of coding/DRG requirements to improve overall quality and completeness of clinical documentation in the patient medical record on a concurrent, and potentially a prospective and retrospective basis, using a multidisciplinary team process.
- The CDS works collaboratively with physicians, other healthcare professionals and coding staff to ensure that clinical information in the medical record is present and accurate so that the appropriate utilization, clinical severity, outcomes and quality is captured for the level of service rendered to all patients, as well as ensuring compliant reimbursement of patient care services.
Minimum Licensure/Certification for CDI Specialist:
- RN: Registered Nurse in the state of Georgia
- CDIP: Clinical Documentation Improvement Practitioner
- CCDS: Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist
- Minimum of five years of healthcare experience required, strong medical surgical/critical care background.
- Experience with utilization management, coding/DRG, billing, auditing and various healthcare payers is also preferred.
- Clinician preferred and/or CDIP/CCDS credential.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills necessary to establish rapport with physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Minimum MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) knowledge and expertise is expected.
- Chart review experience required.
- EPIC Electronic Medical Record and CDI Software experience are preferred.
- Regulatory background and DRG reimbursement knowledge preferred.