RN Director Pediatrics/PICU
Austin, TX 73301 US
RN Director PEDS/PICU
- If you enjoy idyllic walks along a lush river bank, a special dinner for two on a moonlit terrace... you will love living and
workingin this magical city, and it will captivate your heart!
- Our Health System exists to serve its patients – from treatment to wellness – and all the stages in between...we provide innovative, first-in-our market medical solutions to give our patients the promise of a better quality of life. We are committed to ensuring a heartwarming, healing experience when they walk our halls, and well after they walk out of our doors. That’s our difference!
- The ideal RN Director Pediatric/PICU candidate will have a BSN/MSN with extensive Pediatrics nursing experience in an acute care hospital of equivalent size and scope of this position. They will have a minimum of three years Nursing leadership experience over a Pediatric or PICU unit.
- Reporting to the CNO the RN Director Pediatric/PICU is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and managing resources for the Pediatric and PICU Units.
PICU – 12 Beds
- There is a Pediatric Intensivist group consisting of 4 physicians who provide 24/7 coverage. Pediatric Transport Team, air, and ground.
- The average daily census is around 6. There are 20 FTE's.
PEDS – 25 Beds
- Supported mostly by a Hospitalist group of physicians; Basic pediatric services provided. There are around 30 FTE's.
- Pediatric Sedation and Procedure Clinic.
SmallOutpatient clinic, does about 3-4 procedures per day.
- Ancillary Support – 1 Pediatric Educator; 1 Transport Program Manager
- Responsibilities include budget responsibility; efficient/effective resource utilization; recruitment and effective/efficient management of assigned staff; achieving quality outcomes; performance improvement; monitoring of quality and quantity of services; maintaining positive working relationships with staff and System departments and managers, and purchasing and maintaining equipment. Completes established competencies for the position within designated introductory period.
- MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- PREFERRED EDUCATION: Master Degree in Nursing, Business or Related Field
- MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 5 years of experience in discipline or specialty.
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years progressively responsible management experience
- REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSURE: Possession of current Texas State License for Registered Nurse
- PREFERRED CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSURE: Specialty or Administration certification desired.
- REQUIRED COURSES/COMPLETIONS (e.g., CPR): BLS–Obtained through approved American Heart Association Training Center or the Military Training Network.
We are actively interviewing for this opportunity. Please contact: