RN Director Women's Services
Austin, TX US
Director RN Women's Services
- If you enjoy idyllic walks along a lush river bank, a special dinner for two on a moonlit terrace... you will love living and
workingin this magical city, and it will captivate your heart!
- Our Health System exists to serve its patients – from treatment to wellness – and all the stages in between...we provide innovative, first-in-our market medical solutions to give our patients the promise of a better quality of life. We are committed to ensuring a heartwarming, healing experience when they walk our halls, and well after they walk out of our doors. That’s our difference!
- The ideal candidate for the RN Director of Women's Services role will have a BSN/MSN with extensive Women's Services nursing experience in an acute care hospital of equivalent size and scope of this position. They will have a minimum of three years Nursing leadership experience over all of
Women'sServices or a unit within Women's Services.
Reporting to the CNO the RN Director Women's Services is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and managing resources for the L&D, Postpartum, Nursery and Antepartum units.
Direct reports include a Labor and Delivery Clinical Manager and a Postpartum/Nursery Clinical Manager. The position will oversee a team that performs over 4,000 deliveries per.
Our Women’s Services department features:
- 16-bed LDR, 6-bed antepartum and 10-bed triage
- 2 postpartum units with 54 total beds and 2 nurseries
- Maternal transport team, dedicated antepartum and triage, high-risk OB, and 24/7 Laborist and Anesthesia coverage
- 4000 annual births
- The Women’s Service Line is the largest service line alongside Orthopedics.
- Budget responsibility; efficient/effective resource utilization; recruitment and effective/efficient management of assigned staff; achieving quality outcomes; performance improvement; monitoring of quality and quantity of services; maintaining positive working relationships with staff and System departments and managers, and purchasing and maintaining equipment.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
PREFERRED EDUCATION: Master Degree in Nursing, Business or Related Field
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 5 years of experience in Women’s Services with 3 plus years progressively responsible management experience
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSURE: Possession of current Texas State License for Registered Nurse.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSURE: Specialty or Administration certification desired.
REQUIRED COURSES/COMPLETIONS (e.g., CPR): BLS–Obtained through approved American Heart Association Training Center or the Military Training Network.
We are actively interviewing for this opportunity. Please contact: