RN Intermediate Care Unit
Austin, TX US
RN Intermediate Care Unit Position Description:
The Registered Nurse (RN) utilizes the nursing process to direct and deliver comprehensive nursing care to patients on an assigned unit in a safe and proficient manner according to individual patient needs. Assumes Charge Nurse responsibilities and accepts assignments on other units when necessary.
- Possess the comprehensive nursing skills to perform triage assessment that shall include rapid systematic collection of data related to the patients chief complaint.
- Completes and thorough triage assessment is performed and documented using the Nursing process at the time of presentation, based on accepted Emergency Nursing standards, on patient condition and Hospital policy.
- Differentiates severity of patient problems and prioritizes care, designating an appropriate acuity level.
- Facilitates the flow of patients through the emergency care system ensuring timely evaluation according to the health care needs of the patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in the care of all aspects of medical and traumatic emergencies
RN Intermediate Care Unit Qualifications:
- Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Previous experience in ICU or Intermediate Care.
- Preferred: 1 year recent critical care experience
- Required: Texas RN Licensure; American Heart BLS
- Preferred: CCRN,CEN or other national certifications and ACLS