Fairfield, CA US
Application Sales Engineer, inside sales engineering opportunity in Northern California, about 40 miles of both Oakland and Sacramento, 20 miles of Concord and 9 miles from Vacaville, CA
Our client experiencing growth, needs to hire a 3rd Sales Engineer, has commitment for growth. Inside Sales role, no travel.
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
- Customer support, managing quotes, custom parts
- Someone who has dealt with building applications for customers, boiler/burner experience a plus, HVAC, heating or cooling
- Engineering BA - not a make or break if they have a lot of experience
- Estimated to start as soon as possible
- Everything can be learned, but must be able to have basic computer knowledge.
- No direct reports
- Applications Engineer experience helps, Test equipment and systems.
- Competitive benefits, no Travel.
The Sales Engineer is responsible for promoting products, systems and services selling to consulting engineers, mechanical contractors, representatives, end customers. The Sales Engineer is responsible for identifying and pursuing new market opportunities.
2) Technical Expertise – Stays current and relevant with products, system and service offerings, as well as those of competitors in all markets. Develops and maintains comprehensive comparison documents for competitors’ offerings.
3) Product Training – Develops content for and delivers sales/product training (at Company facilities and remotely). Evaluates attendees based on performance in the class (overall participation and written tests).
4) Market Evaluation – Identifies and pursues new market opportunities for products, systems and services.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications and Required Experience):
1) Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering – Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Management preferred
2) Minimum 1-year experience in Application Engineering or similar role
3) Experience with field service preferred
If you have this experience, then call me to discuss.