Director of Construction
Detroit, MI 48035 US
We have an excellent opportunity for a Director of Construction with a leading Commercial Foodservice Project Management Organization. The Director of Construction will manage all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for construction related projects including planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout. The Director of Construction is part of the Construction Department and works with a team of Project Coordinators and Assistant Project Managers, and will report to senior management.
• Interfaces directly with clients to define project requirements. Prepares scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate & budget, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
• Interact with clients, architects, engineers and Local Jurisdictions to understand and incorporate project objectives, schedules, permits, costs, etc.
• Identifies project resources from pre-qualified lists of subcontractors or through individual project qualification process; conducts standard request for proposals; completes bid analysis; recommends resources to clients.
• Implements communication plan for meetings and written reports/meeting minutes to keep client and project resources informed. Facilitates project meetings.
• Leads project team(s) providing project guidance and direction to achieve project goals.
• Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines. Reports status and variances. Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule.
• Manage the project close out process to properly document all lessons learned and communicate any pertinent client/project issues.
• Facilitate staff development by serving as mentor and role model. Provide training, support, guidance, and assistance in goal setting
• Promote safety among peers and subordinates
• 5-7 years of Commercial Construction and/or Restaurant Construction experience (multi-unit management preferred)
• Bachelor’s Degree: Construction Management, or related field preferred
• Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standard to moderately complex documents affecting construction projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings.
• Prior experience in estimating, managing, and staffing multiple projects simultaneously
• Willingness and ability to travel as needed
• The ability to problem solve and to make decisions without hesitation.
• Professional demeanor that reflects the standards required by the Organization and our clients
• Strong computer skills and a general knowledge of how to use office equipment
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
Please apply to this website then contact Paul Rychlewski at American Recruiters.