Director of Service
Hillsborough, NJ 08844 US
Director of Service
This position encompasses a range of general responsibilities and functions across the entire business operation. The main focuses are, but not limited to, Service and Sales support. It is expected that the job responsibilities will evolve, change, and expand as the business grows.
- Assist in developing and maintaining product service network to support the sale of commercial foodservice products, this includes, but not limited to, product training, technical support, part stocking recommendations, and rate negotiation
- Warranty administration and tracking
- Attend industry related events, develop and maintain strong relationships with service network.
- Assist in the development of training material, service manuals, video training, service bulletins, and training props.
- Parts: help develop and maintain part catalog with engineering, service kits, suggested stock, packaging, part pricing, and discounts.
- Audit service providers, while in their market, to assure adequate stock of functional parts are on hand to properly service customers in and out of warranty.
- Product review of all new products, recommend enhancements to all products for ease of repair, reducing failures, and product improvements, while verifying serviceability.
- Support sales as needed, this could include site visits, installation supervision, trade show participation and attending sales functions as needed
- Develop tracking system to monitor service calls, track by month part failures, causes, and recommend possible design improvements to reduce warranty expense.
- Develop strong working relationships with engineering, manufacturing, and sales team in order to help relay the voice of the customer in a positive and productive way.
- Minimum of 5 years of appliance industry experience required in commercial foodservice. Manufacturer side preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in commercial appliance repair, either as a technician, trainer, or technical advisor
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years of new product development experience (NPI, NPD) preferred.
- Minimum of 1 years of customer service experience preferred
- Proficiency in standard office software: MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Power Point
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 2-year associate degree is preferred. 4-year bachelor’s degree a plus.
- MBA degree or other business-related degree a plus.