Engineering Lab Technician
DFW, TX 76106 US
Here is what you be doing in your dream job!
Engineering Lab Technician assists engineers to solve technical problems. The Engineering Lab Technician will organize, setup, execute, and document all test related activities in the lab. This position also assists with research and development for several different engineering fields.
- Understand UL and NSF standards, ensure compliance with all government audits when conducting performance testing of equipment.
- Knowledge of computer based data acquisition software & hardware. Program and troubleshoot problems and perform testing in the lab is using software and hardware interface systems.
- Interpret data and generate test reports using software for data reduction and word processing as needed to maintain established standards.
- Aid and contribute in the development of prototype equipment.
- Generates and troubleshoots test fixtures, prototypes, and all other related equipment.
- Ensures the safe operation of tests and test equipment; document all test related activities.
- Education: High school diploma; associate's degree is recommended
- Minimum of 5+ years HVAC and Refrigeration experience
- Fundamental experience in sheet metal, piping, plumbing, carpentry and electrical trades.
- Capable of comprehending verbal instructions and written lab procedures. Identify and analyze problems.
- Ability to read and understand wiring diagrams as well as the ability to interpret blue prints.
- Assemble and evaluate all products, lifting up to 30 lbs., walking, holding, carrying, pushing, and pulling.
- Computer skills with AutoCAD, SolidWorks a plus.
- EPA Certification license a plus.
For consideration, Please send your MS Word resume to Ted Agins