Nashville, TN US
Growth Company desires to hire a MANUFACTURING ENGINEER, have an impact in New Product Development, have a voice in company!
Be involved in time studies, line setup, Routings, fixture design, 5S, Continuous Improvements, reports to VP Operations. Location - Greater Nashville, TN area. Relocation assistance available.
Continually improve manufacturing/assembly processes as related to safety, quality, efficiency, and delivery
Our client is a leading manufacturer of commercial foodservice cooking and concession equipment. Salary based upon relevant experience and track record.
Take a blank slate and plan all capital equipment layout, process and work flow and cell work stations.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for improving production processes through implementation of new technologies, analysis of work task, redesign of products, or routing changes.
The Manufacturing Engineer is also responsible for manufacturing support both in fabrication and assembly, quality improvements and product design. Work closely with engineering, production and quality teams.
Managing projects, no direct reports, but direct shared resources.
- Implementation of new manufacturing cells, work capacity planning, set-up reductions
- Packing Stations
- Implementation of new manufacturing cells
- Set-up reduction
- Will work with fabrication equipment to improve set-up reduction programs.
- S.H.A compliance on equipment
- Line setup to reduce waste
- Time studies
- Creation/Modification of work instructions
- Manufacturing support
- Performs time studies to accurately reflect true costs and locate areas where improvements can be made.
- Performs assembly line balancing and recommends tooling, fixturing, and handling methods to improve performance.
- Initiates new routings for new manufactured parts and routings changes for existing manufactured parts.
- Maintains plant layouts and generates proposals to use floor space more efficiently.
- Maintains all Material Safety Data Sheets and assists with compliance to OSHA.
- Supervises all third-party in-plant inspections and answers all violations in writing to maintain product certification listing.
- Assists in solving production related problems.
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline
Five years of manufacturing engineering experience in assembly, sheet metal fabrication, materials, operations, or similar role in a plant environmentExperience in lean, six sigma, continuous improvement, or process improvement
CAD experience--Pro/E, Inventor, SolidWorks
Only qualified candidates should submit resumes to email@example.com for consideration