Mechanical Design Engineer - Level II
Nashville, TN 37167 US
Need to hire 2 Design Engineers - level II – Mechanical Design Engineer for the greater Nashville, TN area. Sheetmetal and electrical mechanical assembly design with a world class company. New Product Development challenges and rewards, Prefer local candidates but would consider relocation within 3 hours of Nashville.
Design new products, processes and improving existing products. Conduct design analysis on components and/or assemblies to assist in the development process by ensuring designs are cost efficient, be manufactured, and reliable..
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conceptual and detail design of commercial products and equipment.
- Creates complete part and assembly designs and drawings for all manufactured and purchased parts -include prototypes and models.
- Creates complete bills of material.
- Responsible for creating appropriate manuals and documents.
- Design and implements fixtures and tools.
- Suggests changes in procedures, standards, to facilitate work and maintain quality.
- May approve products for release, including maintaining all relevant data records.
- Assist in managing projects to include design reviews, schedules and budgets.
- May be required to travel.
- Intermediate Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Intermediate Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering Applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment in the design and production of equipment.
- Intermediate Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Intermediate Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- High Communication Skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information to groups of managers, clients, customers.
- High Mathematical Skills - Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Computer Skills: Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, Design related software, Auto CAD Inventor, Internet software, Manufacturing software, Database software
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Minimum of2- 4 years of relevant experience;
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The DE II salary range is $58K to $85, seated here in greater Nashville, Tennessee, 10% bonus opportunity.
Send resume to Ted Agins