Salem, VA US
Full-Time / No Weekends / Sign on Bonus / Generous Salary
Physical Therapist Job Details:
- Develops, coordinates and utilizes specialized knowledge and skill in planning, organizing, directing, and administering medically prescribed programs/interventions in the hospital and/or outpatient unit to restore function and prevent disability following disease, injury or loss of a body part.
- Must possess the ability to perform patient evaluation and treatment which includes performing and interpreting tests to assist in differential diagnosis.
- Must be able to determine the degree of impairment of relevant aspects, but not limited to; muscle strength, pain, motor development, motion restrictions, and functional capacity.
- Must be able to physically support a patient’s weight during transfers and ambulation with the assistance of a gait belt.
Physical Therapist Job Requirements:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Virginia Physical Therapy License
- Education: Masters or Doctorate of Physical Therapy
- Experience: Appropriate clinical affiliations
- Special qualifications: Must successfully complete a competency assessment