Costa Mesa, CA 92626 US
We have an outstanding opportunity for a Purchasing/Logistics Manager with a Top Tier National Provider of Design, Equipment, Installation, and Project Management. The ideal candidate will be responsible for establishing and executing a comprehensive supply chain strategy for the company, including negotiation of vendor, freight and third party warehouse consolidation contracts resulting in improved landed costs and competitiveness, while ensuring timely and accurate delivery of equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & BASIC DUTIES:
Procurement & Supply Chain Management
• Responsible for analyzing customer base equipment specifications and spend to optimize and leverage key manufacturer relationships/buying groups. Works collaboratively with program leaders to understand project manager’s timelines and logistics requirements.
• Prepares and manages competitive bidding processes including RFP's, often in partnership with internal customers (e.g., program leaders).
• Proactively identifies potential vendors to create the most relevant competitive bidding environment.
• Negotiation and execution of key supply and service agreements, both at the manufacturer and distribution/ logistics level to ensure full transparency, while ensuring optimization of order size and delivery frequency resulting in reduced freight costs.
• Leads cross-functional teams on initiatives to reduce costs and implement business process improvement, such as standardizing items used across programs and customers.
• Oversees management of third party warehouses / consolidation points
• Negotiates warranty, maintenance and service agreements for key partners
• Negotiation and contract administration for key services
• Negotiates and maintains other service agreements as needed.
• No direct reports
• Builds collaborative working relationships with internal customers – program and support department leaders.
• As part of the Leadership Team, helps set the future strategy and direction of the organization.
• Assist all departments in situations requiring immediate problem solving
• Promote good public relations in accordance with Avanti’s policies
• Provide quality customer service to clients, and staff while actively promoting our mission, services, and programs
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Commitment to the mission, values, goals, and success of Avanti Corporation
• Strong analytical skills. Advanced proficiency with Excel, AutoQoutes and other quantitative analysis tools.
• Exceptional planning, organizational, and management skills.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills, with proven negotiation skills.
• Ability to manage multiple, complex projects from concept to delivery.
• Collaborative work style. Customer-service orientation.
• Excellent computer skills in a Windows environment.
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business or related field. MBA a plus, but not required.
• At least eight years’ experience managing the supply chain function of a medium to large organization.
• Demonstrated track record of building effective supply chain strategies that have resulted in improved performance and reduction of costs.
• Valid California Driver’s License and insurable driving record.
Please send resume in strict confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference J.O. # 2859