RN Admissions Nurse
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312 US
Are you a self-motivated RN with a passion for building strong relationships? The Hospice RN Admissions Nurse is responsible for the referral and admission process for patients and families into Hospice care. This nurse develops early and appropriate referrals by creating and sustaining relationships with referral sources at local hospitals, physicians offices, nursing/assisted living facilities, or foster homes where the patient resides.
Location: Broward County Florida region
Hours: 12pm-10:30pm (Every other weekend required)
Travel: Road warrior- 100%
- Carries primary responsibility for evaluation of all patients referred for hospice services.
- Can articulate all components of the organization's continuum of care and refer patients and families to those as necessary.
- Assists referring physicians and/or his/her designated liaison with coordinating a plan of care/treatment for hospice appropriate patients and their families.
- Serves as the liaison between our company and physicians, hospitals, long-term care facilities, and other health care professionals.
- Actively markets, through education, the hospice concept to all health care professionals and providers, as well as the community at large.
- Registered Nurse in the State of Florida (BSN Preferred)
- Current CPR certification
- Hospice certification preferred.
- ER, ICU or Critical Care experience preferred. Two years in medical/surgical nursing (Med Surg), geriatric nursing or Hospice nursing preferred.
- Adequate and reliable means of transportation with adequate insurance and valid Florida driver's license. (Travel required)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- 401K with employer contribution
- Clinical Ladder program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Generous PTO package
For more information please apply direct or contact Executive Recruiter Kelly Dameron