RN Cath Lab / Registered Nurse Cardiac Cath Lab
Stattle, WA 98166 US
The Pacific North West “It is a great place to live, work, and play, Pacific Northwest at the heart of the stunningly beautiful Puget Sound region of Washington. Located just minutes from Seattle, enjoy mild weather and stunning views of Mount Rainier and the Olympic Mountains. The Puget Sound communities offer award-winning arts, cultural, and sporting events with national recognition. A region of economic and cultural diversity, The Puget Sound is a great place to work, play and raise a family. Outdoor, At Play, Culture for All, Child-Friendly, A Vibrant Business Community.
- You will provide care for patients undergoing a cardiac procedure including prep/admission, education of both patient and their family and post-procedure care.
- You will administer and maintains sedation and analgesia by order of the physician. Assesses, diagnoses, and intervenes in the event of complications. Monitors and assesses the patient receiving the sedation and analgesia throughout diagnostic and therapeutic cardiac procedures.
- previous cardiac Cath Lab experience or a minimum of two years experience within the past three years in an acute care setting, i.e., ICU, PCU, PACU ER REQUIRED
- Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump experience preferred
Knowledge / Skills
- Competency as demonstrated in a strong knowledge of cardiac disease pathophysiology/process and procedural sedation.
- Knowledge of cardiac disease pathophysiology and current cardiac treatment modalities.
- Knowledge of the protocols and techniques for caring for a patient undergoing procedures including
Cardiacangiogram, intervention, device implants, electrophysiology studies and endovascular.
- Knowledge of the protocols and techniques for sheath removal and monitoring puncture site post removal.
- Knowledge of medications used and the skills to assess, diagnose and intervene in the event of complications.
Current Washington State RN licensure or Eligible
Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification or within six months of hire
CCRN (Certification in Adult Critical Care) RN preferred
IV competency must be attained within four months, training is available.
To Learn More Contact
Juli Van Der Meulen