Registered Nurse, RN VAD Coordinator
West Palm Beach, FL 33401 US
Registered Nurse - RN VAD COORDINATOR
- Known worldwide as a vibrant, intimate town with big city sophistication, we are known as the gem of South Florida, directly on the Atlantic Ocean. The city has upscale shops, fine restaurants, nighttime entertainment and, of course, the incomparable beauty of nearly two miles of award-winning beaches.
- 500-bed acute care hospital has proudly served as both a community hospital and a Level I Trauma Center, we have the ability to offer several specialized services including cardiac care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, neurosciences, emergency care and more.
- Our hospital proudly accepted the Gold Seal of Approval™ for its ventricular assist device (VAD) destination therapy program. The certification recognizes the hospital’s dedication to compliance with The Joint Commission’s (TJC) national standards for health care quality and safety in disease-specific care.
- Our employees are passionate about providing quality, innovative care to patients in our community. Our focus is on leadership, growth and providing high-quality health care. It’s a philosophy that can enhance both your approach to health care and your career goals.
Responsibilities for the RN - VAD COORDINATOR:
- Collaborate in the planning, implementation, and coordination of the Advanced Cardiac Care and Transplant/Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) Program.
- Coordinates the evaluation, hospitalization, and follow-up phases of a heart transplant and VAD patients.
- Work with patients and families educating on all aspects of transplantation and VAD implantation.
- Patient advocate and point of continuity throughout all aspects of pre and post-surgical care.
- Promote the interests of the transplant and VAD program and institution and assist with program development.
Qualifications for the RN - VAD COORDINATOR:
- Current RN Licensure
- BSN required, MSN preferred.
- Five years of experience in cardiology and/or cardiothoracic surgery.
- Registered Nurse - licensed in the State of Florida
- Certified Cardiographic Technician (CCT) or Certified Procurement Transplant Coordinator (CPTC) preferred
We are actively interviewing and I look forward to sharing additional information with you about this exciting opportunity!