Registered Nurse - RN (Cath Lab)
Tacoma, WA 98003 US
As the RN in the Cath Lab you will provide care for patients undergoing a cardiac procedure including prep/admission, education of both patient and their family and post-procedure care.The RN in the Cath Lab will administer and maintain sedation and analgesia by order of the physician. The RN in the Cath Lab Assesses, diagnoses, and intervenes in the event of complications. The RN in the Cath Lab monitors and assesses the patient receiving the sedation and analgesia throughout diagnostic and therapeutic cardiac procedures.
- previous cardiac Cath Lab experience or a minimum of two years experience within the past three years in an acute care setting, i.e., ICU, PCU, PACU ER REQUIRED
- Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump experience preferred
Knowledge / Skills
- Competency as demonstrated in a strong knowledge of cardiac disease pathophysiology/process and procedural sedation.
- Knowledge of cardiac disease pathophysiology and current cardiac treatment modalities.
- Knowledge of the protocols and techniques for caring for a patient undergoing procedures including
angiogram, intervention, device implants, electrophysiology studies and endovascular. Cardiac
- Knowledge of the protocols and techniques for sheath removal and monitoring puncture site post removal.
- Knowledge of medications used and the skills to assess, diagnose and intervene in the event of complications.
- Current Washington State RN licensure or Eligible
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification or within six months of hire
- CCRN (Certification in Adult Critical Care) RN preferred
- IV competency must be attained within four months, training is available.
- BSN Required
To Learn More Please apply to this website than contact Juli Van Der Meulen at American Recruiters